MEET ESTONIA is a hosted fam trip for 30 international meeting planners. During the three days participants will explore the fascinating milieu of Tallinn’s medieval Old Town and trendy Telliskivi Creative Area, try out some most popular activities, visit the main conference hotels and unique venues, have the opportunity to sample the delicious local cuisine, meet the key meeting industry suppliers. Optional post-tours to the university town Tartu and Lahemaa National Park are offered to explore Estonia´s meeting options further.
MEET ESTONIA Preliminary Itinerary:
Tuesday, April 2nd
- Until 17.00: Individual arrivals / Free time according to your flight arrival
- Accommodation in Hilton Tallinn Park and Swissotel Tallinn
- 17.30 – Best of Medieval Tallinn: Old Town walking tour to explore one of Europe’s most beautiful, historical city centres
- 20.00 Networking dinner in one of the finest Old Town restaurants
Wednesday, April 3rd
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 9.00 Get to know Tallinn for events:
- 13.15 – 14.30 Lunch at restaurant KORSTEN
- 15.00- 17.30 Workshop with top Estonian MICE suppliers (pre-selected one-to-one appointments )
- Free time
- 20.00 Networking dinner in Rotermann Quarter
Thursday, April 4th
- Breakfast at the hotel, Check-out
- 9.00-12.00 Showcase of Social and Incentive Programmes pick one of these experiences:
- Tallinn for Adrenaline Seekers – fun and interactive programme to get a glimpse of the coolest adrenaline related activities in the Old Military Base (Soviet style transfer, introduction to motor paintball, demolition derby, etc)
- Art, Design, Culinary experiences tour – The tour will give you a chance to walk in the footsteps of the Russian czars, admire the finest art museums that can be used as unique venues for your event, get a fascinating overview of the unique architecture of the Rotermann quarter, and delight your senses at a delicious chocolate workshop where you can design your own piece of edible art, a wonderful workshop idea at any time of the year.
- 12.30- 14.00 Site inspection and “Estonian Best Bites” lunch at Radisson Blu Sky Hotel
- 14.00 Departures for post tours and Individual departures
If you would like to participate in the trip, please fill in the online registration form by January 27th, 2019 at the latest. As spaces are limited, submitting the form does not guarantee your participation. The Estonian Convention Bureau will notify applicants by email latest by February 5th, 2019 if their application is successful.
Post Tour Option 1: The University Town of Tartu
Culture-rich and Hanseatic city of Tartu is the capital of southern Estonia. It is the second largest city in the country and the oldest in the Baltic States which is economically well-developed and has great historical heritage. Home to the Estonia’s top university, as well as a number of other institutes and research centres, Tartu is the nation’s education and innovation capital. The city’s academic credentials make it a great choice for all types of scientific and medical conferences. Programme includes sight inspections and various activities.
Thursday, 4 April
- 16:30 Arrival to Tartu, check-in at V-Spa Conference Hotel
- 17:00 Welcome coffee at V-Spa, introduction of Tartu as a meeting destination
- 17:30 Guided walking tour in the Old Town of Tartu
- 19:00 Visit to A Le Coq Beer factory museum and beer tasting
- 20:00 Welcome drink at Lydia Hotel and site inspection
- 20:15 Dinner at restaurant Hõlm
Friday, 5 April
- 8:50 Dorpat Conference Centre – the largest conference and event centre in Southern Estonia
- 9:15 Visit to the modern Estonian National Museum, an unique conference & reception venue
- 10:10 Visit to the Comb Factory – former factory complex, developed into unique venue for various events
- 10:50 Visit to the Flower House of Mileedi – an old warehouse which is transformed to a beautiful ballroom
- 11:30 Visit to The Widget Factory– old manufactoring complex developed into a “cultural factory”, which unites creative entrepreneurs, art and design studios and entertainment
- 12.30 Lunch at restaurant Polpo
- Transfer to Tallinn Airport
- Individual Departures
Post Tour Option 2: Lahemaa National Park, Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa
The Lahemaa National Park, located about one hour drive from Tallinn, is the biggest nature protection area in Estonia, where you can see several typical Estonian landscapes – forests, wetlands, lakes and rivers with lot of wild life and interesting cultural variety: restored old manors of landlords and small fishermen villages on the seashore. Vihula Manor Country Club & Spa is a charming 16th century estate with two main manor house buildings, 27 other historical buildings and 50 hectares of beautiful parkland set alongside the Mustoja River in the Lahemaa National Park. Programme includes various activities as bogshoe walking in Viru Bog, hands on dinner with Vihula Manor Executive Chef, optional cycling tour.
Thursday, 4 April
- 14:15-15:15 transfer from Radisson BLU Sky hotel to Viru bog.
- 15:15-16:45 Bog shoe hike in Viru bog
- 16:45-17:30 transfer to Vihula manor
- Legends of Vihula manor tour
- 20.00 Vihula mojito workshop and hands-on dinner with the Vihula Manor’s Executive Chef
Friday, 5 April
- 9.30 – 11.00 Optional bicycle tour in Lahemaa National Park
- Optional soap making workshop
- 11:30 transfer from Vihula to Ruhe
- 12:30 Lunch at restaurant Ruhe
- 14:00-15:00 Transfer to Tallinn airport
Terms and Conditions:
- Itinerary details may change
- This trip is fully hosted, including return economy flights, accommodation, meals, transfers and the ground programme. Incidentals (eg: mini bar, telephone calls, etc.) are the participant’s own responsibility.
- It is the participant’s own responsibility to arrange travel insurance that sufficiently covers the whole period of the fam trip.
- Due to the limited number of places, only one representative of each company can participate.
- Accompanying persons are not accepted.
In the event of cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations received on or before February 15th, 2019 will not incur a fee unless the flight has been agreed and confirmed.
- If the flight has been confirmed or booked on a published fare, the cost of the flight will be charged.
Contact for Further Information:
For further information, please contact our Marketing Assistant, Ms Gea Käsper at firstname.lastname@example.org.