Conference Support Scheme by Enterprise Estonia
The national support agency for entrepreneurship, Enterprise Estonia, supports the organization of international conferences in Estonia with 300,000 euros a year. A sum between 7,500 to 30,000 euros can be applied for as support for one conference, added to which will be own financing in the amount of at least 30 percent. The minimum estimated amount of overnight stays by international delegates per one conference is 50 in Tallinn or Harju County and 25 outside Tallinn / Harju County.
Applications must be submitted at least three months before the conference. Conferences with a starting time no earlier than three months before the submission of the application and/or which are carried out in the first half of 2023 at the latest. The support measures are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
Eligibility criteria. In order to qualify for financial support:
- which is organized in Estonia;
- which meets the following definition: a conference is a scientific, professional or interest meeting with international participants for presentations and discussions, or a meeting of representatives of countries, organizations or agencies to discuss sectoral issues and resolve issues. A training, study trip, competition, fair, business meeting, information day or exhibition is not considered a conference;
- which shall take place no later than 30 months after the submission of the application;
- whose program lasts for at least two consecutive days, plus an opening or closing event, entertainment program or excursions and other activities;
- whose marketing materials are based on the “Brand Estonian” concept;
- ensuring access to premises and transport for people with special needs;
- the number of international delegates in Tallinn is at least 50 or outside Tallinn at least 25.
- marketing activities;
- international marketing activities;
- travel and accommodation expenses of conference organizing team before or during the conference;
- Conference expenses (venue hire, staff time, audio-visual equipment and production costs, parking services, accessibility for people with special needs etc);
- expenses for organizing an excursion introducing Estonia as a tourist destination;
- costs related to the organization of the opening and closing event, such as performers’ fees, rent of permises, catering;
- costs related to the collection and analysis of statistics and feedback on conference delegates;
- costs related to the reference to European Regional Development Fund support (proportional cost over the whole area);
- costs related to the use of the “Brand Estonia” concept (proportional cost over the whole area).
How to apply:
- Please complete the online application form via EAS.
Conference support scheme by Tartu city
Tartu, Estonia´s second largest city (population 100,000) located 185 km south of Tallinn, is considered the capital of Southern Estonia. Home to the nation´s top university, as well as a number of other institutes, research centres, biotechnology industries and several software companies, Tartu is the Estonia´s main centre of knowledge and study.
Tartu conference funding scheme has been initiated by the City of Tartu in order to raise awareness of Tartu as a world-class conference destination, and to help increase the number of conference participants’ overnight stays in the accommodation establishments in Tartu. The requirements of applying for funding are that the conference is held in Tartu, the total number of overnight stays in the city must amount to a minimum of 100, and the duration of the conference program is at least two consecutive days.
The funding applications are to be submitted via the City Government’s system for receiving and processing applications. Applicant can be either a legal person or a public institution.
Funding applications for conferences which take place during the period from the 1st of January to the 30th of June are submitted to Tartu City Government no later than by the 1st of October of the previous calendar year, and for the conferences that take place during the period from the 1st of July to the 31st of December, by the 1st of April of the same calendar year
Read more on conditions and how to apply on Tartu Convention Bureau’s website
Free Public Transportation for Conferences and Events in Tallinn
City of Tallinn offers free public transport for delegates of international events (conferences, cultural and sports events). Public transportation system in Tallinn includes buses, trams and trolleybuses. The conference QR ticket enables participants to make unlimited use of all means of public transport in Tallinn for the entire duration of the event. It also includes the tram line 4 from Tallinn Airport to the city centre. For this initiative, a new free public transport ticket has been developed – the conference QR ticket with a printable QR code and a virtual QR code. The Conference QR Ticket can be fowarded to delegates via e-mail ahead of the event, so they would be able to use the ticket immediately after arriving in Tallinn. The QR code can also be printed on event badges. See the conditions and how to apply at Tallinn Convention Bureau’s website.
Tallinn offers participants in international events in Tallinn and their companions the opportunity to purchase a Tallinn Card at a 10% discount. To offer the joy of discovery outside the conference or event room, the Tallinn Card complements the business trip with a small additional holiday, either before or after the event. The card also helps to comfortably and meaningfully fulfill the days of the event’s companion or family in Tallinn.
Tallinn offers the opportunity for delegates of international events to purchase Tallinn Cards with a 10% discount to discover Tallinn outside conference rooms before or after the event. Tallinn Card is a sightseeing pass, which lets visitors conveniently get to know the whole city. Tallinn Card includes: free access to over 40 museums and attractions, free travel with public transport and discounts to sightseeing tours, activities, shops and restaurants.
Read more about Tallinn Card special offer requirements.
Tailor-Made Site Inspections
If you have a specific event in mind for Estonia, but you are not entirely sure which hotel or venue to use we warmly welcome you for an individual site inspection trip to showcase you our meeting rooms, event venues and hotels. We can arrange site inspections entirely based on your wishes.
Contact us at your earliest convenience for any further information and site inspection arrangements!