Estonia’s Conference Ambassador Programme is an initiative wherein locally-based academic and business professionals take the lead in attracting meetings to Estonia. These advocates, or ‘ambassadors’, are typically experts in their sectors who are willing to bid for and host their association conferences with the help of the ECB.
Ambassadors receive full support from our bureau at every stage of the process, from bidding and planning to promotion and organisation, in order to make their events successful.
Ever since the ECB launched the Ambassador Programme in 2010, ambassadors have played a vital role in identifying opportunities and bringing highly successful conferences to the country. We currently have over 150 ambassadors, representing Estonia’s medical, academic, business and cultural spheres.
The programme is led by the ECB in co-operation with the Tallinn and Tartu Convention Bureaus. Activity is organised around the country’s largest conference hubs, with participants grouped as Tallinn Conference Ambassadors and Tartu Conference Ambassadors.
Become an Ambassador for Estonia!
Becoming an ambassador is a fantastic opportunity to showcase Estonia – its culture, heritage and scientific innovation – to your colleagues from around the world. If you would like to join our Ambassador Programme and help encourage your association or organisation to meet in Estonia, please contact our team.
As an ambassador, you’ll be able to take part in activities and receive support services designed to assist you in attracting meetings to Estonia.
Benefits of joining the programme:
- Exclusive access to networking events and workshops with other ambassadors where you can share and exchange ideas and experiences
- The chance to be among the first to visit new venues, hear about the latest local developments and upcoming events
- The opportunity to enhance the reputation of your area of expertise
- Dedicated support services of the Estonian Convention Bureau
Here are some examples of events hosted or set up by our ambassadors:
- Lions Club International Europa Forum 2019, 1,200 delegates
- European Society of Cardiology Digital Summit, Oct 2019, 550 delegates
- IUSTI-Europe Conference (International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections), Sept 2019, 600 delegates
- 7th Conference of the International Society for Child Indicators, Aug 2019, 400 delegates
- FECAVA (Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Associations) Eurocongress, 2018, 1,200 delegates
- 34th EGOS (European Group for Organizational Studies) Colloquim, 2018, 2,000 delegates
- 16th International Peat Congress, 2020, 750 delegates
- World Lace Congress, 2020, 1,000 delegates
- 37th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, 2014, 1,200 delegates
- 22nd Congress of the European Sleep Research Society, 2014, 1,600 delegates