Original Sokos Hotel Viru Celebrates Its 50-Year Anniversary with special offers during anniversary year
The legendary Viru Hotel is a true landmark of Tallinn. It was the first high-rise building to pierce the city’s skyline in 1972, and harbours thousands of stories and legends that will be told once again during this special anniversary year. For 50 years, Viru Hotel has been at the heart of event planning. It has hosted countless conferences, seminars, receptions, press availabilities, galas, trade fairs, corporate parties, concerts, birthdays, New Year’s Eve parties, cabarets, theme parties and so on.Now branded the Original Sokos Hotel Viru, it’s still one of the flagships of the Estonian hotel industry today.
To commemorate this major milestone, Hotel Viru has has launched a year-long Golden Anniversary campaign with special offers and products:
- Jubilee conference & Coffee break – In anniversary year 2022, all conference organizers get a gift – a tour of the Hotel Viru & KGB Museum or welcome beverages. Chef de cuisine Margus Tammpere has prepared a special coffee break service – a symbiosis of the current era’s new trends and legendary classics. From duck bao to a sumptuous buttery pastry a la Merineitsi
- Anniversary beverages– To celebrate the 50th anniversary, a selection of truly unique festive beverages were fermented, incl an exclusive sparkling wine and ciders from the acclaimed Jaanihanso Cider House.
- The 50th anniversary cabaret called Crème de la Crème – the Starlight Cabaret’s greatest hits. It’s a colourful selection of the heart-stealing best of past eras. The anniversary programme runs until 23 April 2022. Those who book tickets for the jubilee cabaret enjoy a special symbolic price of 50 euros for a double room at the Viru.
- Birthday cake – Chef de cuisine Margus Tammpere has created a homage to the classic confectionery traditions of the early years of the hotel – the impossibly airy and swirly zephyr confections that were a favourite sweet for an entire generation. The legendary delicacy can be enjoyed in person at the Viru Café or wrapped up to go!
- Pop-up Exhibitions at the legendary KGB museum
- Jubilee sauna- Going to the sauna with friends has always been a part of Estonian culture – both during Soviet times and during independence. The combination of steam off the hot rocks and good company shouldn’t ever be underestimated. Viru’s three saunas are the only ones outside Finland that have been issued AUTENTIC FINNISH SAUNA EXPERIENCE certificates.
- Special events
See more info at the hotel’s web site
Original Sokos Hotel Viru is located in the very heart of Tallinn, right at the gates of its medieval Old Town.The Viru Conference Centre is one of the largest hotel-based conference centres in Tallinn. It has 11 air-conditioned meeting and conference halls with natural light. The largest room alone can accommodate 500 guests. All rooms are equipped with latest conferencing and presentation technology, high-speed wifi and broadband internet access, a sound system, a heavy goods access point for cars and other amenities. For conference rooms information, click here