ORIGINAL SOKOS HOTEL VIRU
Original Sokos Hotel Viru is located in the very heart of Tallinn, right at the gates of its medieval Old Town. This hotel with a colourful history has become one of the city’s best known landmarks. It offers a wide range of opportunities for business as well as holiday travellers – comfortable guest rooms, a modern conference centre, a vast restaurant and a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is under the same roof with as Viru shopping centre, Tallinn’s trendiest shopping and entertainment complex.
The Original Sokos Hotel Viru is a certified Green Key hotel and venue, meaning they follow the standards of excellence in sustainability and environmental responsibility.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
Viru Conference Centre is one of the largest hotel-based conference centres in Tallinn. It has 11 air-conditioned meeting and conference halls all with natural light. The largest room alone can accommodate 500 guests. All rooms are equipped with the latest conferencing and presentation technology, high-speed wifi and broadband internet access, a sound system, a heavy goods access point for cars, and other amenities.
|Name of Hall||
For more detailed information, please click here for:
DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
Viru’s range of bars and restaurants provide both familiar flavours and international gastronomy.
“Show & Dinner” style restaurant Merineitsi connected to the conference centre can accommodate up to 450 people for meals. Its grand conference centre facilities and a stage provide the perfect setting for receptions and events for up to 1000 guests. The chefs at Restaurant Merineitsi create unforgettable culinary experiences for even the most demanding gastronomists.
Original Sokos Hotel Viru also features a Tex-Mex restaurant – Amarillo, a fast food stop – Fafa’s, a lobby bar, and Nightclub Cafe – Amigo.
Original Sokos Hotel Viru Celebrates Its 50-Year Anniversary with special offers during its anniversary year in 2022:
- Jubilee conference & Coffee break – During Viru’s anniversary year in 2022, all conference organisers received a gift – a tour of the hotel & KGB Museum or welcome beverages. Chef de cuisine Margus Tammpere prepared a special coffee break service – a symbiosis of the current era’s new trends and legendary classics. From duck bao to a sumptuous buttery pastry a la Merineitsi.
- Anniversary beverages– To celebrate the 50th anniversary, a selection of truly unique festive beverages were fermented, incl an exclusive sparkling wine, and ciders from the acclaimed Jaanihanso Cider House.
- The 50th anniversary cabaret called Crème de la Crème – the Starlight Cabaret’s greatest hits. It’s a colourful selection of the heart-stealing best of past eras. The anniversary programme ran until 23 April 2022.
- Birthday cake – Chef de cuisine Margus Tammpere paid homage to the classic confectionery traditions of the early years of the hotel – the impossibly airy and swirly zephyr confections that were a favourite sweet for an entire generation.
- Pop-up Exhibitions at the legendary KGB museum.
- Jubilee sauna- Going to the sauna with friends has always been part of Estonian culture – both during Soviet times and during independence. The combination of steam off the hot rocks and good company shouldn’t ever be underestimated. Viru’s three saunas are the only ones outside Finland that have been issued AUTHENTIC FINNISH SAUNA EXPERIENCE certificates.
- Special events
See more info at the hotel’s web site