Day Trip to Lahemaa
The most popular conference post-tour from Tallinn is a day trip to Lahemaa National Park, a beautiful nature area on Estonia’s north coast. The region is home to several breathtaking historic manor estates, romantic coastal villages, a hidden waterfall, picturesque scenery and abandoned Soviet military installations. Lahemaa offers visitors a fascinating mix of history and nature – a wonderful perspective of rural life in northern Estonia through the ages. The drive to Lahemaa only takes an hour, so this option is a great way to see what lies outside of Tallinn.
Highlights of a Lahemaa tour:
- Taking a walk or bogshoe hike through Viru Bog
- Exploring the charming, centuries-old fishing villages along the coastline
- Visiting romantic manor estates: Lahemaa National Park is best known for its stunning Baltic-German manor houses such as Palmse, Sagadi and Vihula.
- Enjoying a traditional Estonian meal at a local tavern
- Discovering the largest natural waterfall in Estonia
Lahemaa is also a fantastic setting for many memorable team-building activities. Take a look at these possibilities:
- Retro jeep orienteering safaris
- Magical sunrise SUP adventure in the middle of a bog
- Bog-walking adventures
- Mushroom picking (seasonal)
- Activities at Vihula Manor