The Assembly Hall of the University of Tartu is located in its main building, which is one of the most outstanding treasures of classicist architecture in Estonia. Its neoclassical elegance and simplicity make the Assembly Hall the university’s most beautiful venue. The hall’s inauguration ceremony was held on 31 July 1809. From that day on, all major events of the university have been celebrated in the Assembly Hall
The hall has a seating capacity of 470 (340 on the floor, 130 on the balcony). Seats can be arranged as desired.