Bid Support Programme launched in Estonia
To attract more international conferences to Estonia, the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communication, Estonian Business and Innovation Agency, and the Estonian Convention Bureau, have jointly launched a new financial initiative called “Conference Bid Support Programme“ in May 2023. Through the programme, the partners support individuals and organizations who would like to win international conferences to Estonia.
The objective of this programme is to secure new international conferences in the coming years. The programme specifically supports the bidding process for an international conference not yet confirmed to Estonia, to assist with bid proposal and site visits.
The following types of activities can be supported*:
- Preparing bid documents, including costs for translation, design etc
- Presentation, video or other content to support the bid
- Cost of travel, accommodation, and registration fee to present the bid at the previous conference
- Hosting a site inspection visit to Estonia for up to three representatives of the international organising committee of the requested conference.
Following costs will be covered by ECB:
- Economy class flight tickets
- site inspection programme
* Please note that Estonian Convention Bureau will cover the costs of services related to the activities directly to the service providers. No financial assistance will be granted to the organisation/individual applying for the right to organise.
MANDATORY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To qualify for the Conference Bid Support Programme:
- There must be at least 120 international delegates attending the conference (from at least 3 foreign countries)
- Conference programme must last at least two consecutive days.
- Conference will take place no later than 31 October 2029.
- Conference must not be yet confirmed to Estonia.
PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAMME:
To participate in the Conference Bid Support Programme, please complete the BID APPLICATION FORM on ECB’s web site. All applications received will be reviewed by the ECB on a rolling basis and a reply will be provided within 14 days at the latest. All applications will be assessed against the criteria outlined in the guidelines. Applicants will be contacted if additional information is required to make a decision. In the case of a positive decision, the necessary activities will be carried out in cooperation with the ECB.
Ms Külli Teimann, Association Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org